Grachael's Fun KL - Legoland Trip

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Getting Inspired To Strive On

Time really flies and a year has passed and I'm now in my second year in my long distance learning. I didn't put in much effort during the first year as I tried to adjust my time between work and studies. However, I'm satisfied with the first year final exam results. I should be better prepared this second year so that I'll be able to perform better. Though it's hard to find time for studying, I've to discipline myself to overcome all the problems. In fact , there are younger course mates who had some problems with young children while mine is other hurdles. However, with great determination like others in my age category who have successfully graduated, I am confident I too will be in the same shoes in another three years. Having chosen the Social Science Honours Degree is the right choice as it has been my love for serving society. Since, I would like to gain more knowledge about politics, good and bad governance of countries, leadership and many worrying daily issues , I have the urge to study deeper in this field. Thus, I've decided to major in Political Science. Then, being interested in various cultures,traditions, customs and social issues of people all over the world has driven me to study Antropology and Sociology as my minor in PPPJJ USM . Making new friends especially to do the group assignments together we must learn to be patient and at times tough as we have to encourage our friends and remind ourselves on our target. For me, studying has taken a lot of my time but with proper time management, I will be able to get through another three years. Thanks to my family , friends and lecturers. I was lucky to be able to attend the PPJJ USM Charity Dinner on 20 Sept. 2013 at the Equatorial Hotel in Penang. There was no one I know of from my batch but I got to make a few new friends. Well, after graduation in three year's time, I might contribute more to the alumni activities. Thanks to my youngest daughter who would fetch me out for the yummy food in town. I've missed the delicious Penang food as I don't travel out to Penang often. Anyway, it's always nice to be back in Penang where I was born.

No comments:

Post a Comment