Grachael's Fun KL - Legoland Trip

Monday 12 August 2013

Celebrating Birthdays at a Golden Age

This year my birthday falls on the second day of Hari Raya Aidilfitri. Am glad because it is a holiday so I feel relaxed. Celebrating my birthdays has been a tradition no matter how simple it is. Am happy to be able to add more years and enjoy life. Glad my children came back and there were two dinners , one with my relatives and the other with my own family members. Appreciate all those birthday greetings sent especially through Facebook from FB friends and it was fun replying each message, mostly wishing them Selamat Hari Raya too. FB links us to many and that's how I got to know what is happening . I did miss the gathering in my aunt's house in Selayang where my Sis. Lyn went over with her raya cooking and got the opportunity to play with my cute twin nephews. There'll be another time. If only I can get a lift from someone it is easier or if I take a bus, my relatives have to fetch me. That's if in KL. Then, my car broke down at the wrong time which made it inconvenient for me to move around. Luckily, I could be back in Selama on Sunday, the fourth day of Hari Raya to visit my ex- HM, Tn Hj Ahmad Isa and also Pn Hjh Jamaiyah. Went together with Janet, my good friend. On the same day, had a family dinner in Kuala Sepetang, our favourite seafood restaurant. Am glad that, the kombucha tea I brewed could be taken back by my daughters. I have been drinking a glass per day for three weeks now. It has many benefits and I hope it works on me and others. I had to spend some time in making this tea once a week. I have 4 jars and it's enough to share. I have registered online for my second year of long distance learning with USM in pursue of my honours degree in social science. It's getting tougher and tougher and I take the challenge to study political science as my major and anthropology and sociology as my minor. As I've vowed to study hard, I will try my best to be more focused. Am glad I did quite well in my first year and this is encouraging especially when one is studying at 55. Hopefully, I can understand more about politics as it will give me a better understanding on the political scene in my own country as well as around the world. This two week long holidays is a good break for me to clear all my unfinished school work. Then, there are two mornings which I dedicate to my lovely Year 6 pupils who will be sitting for their UPSR three weeks after school reopens. I hope they will turn up for my extra English lessons. I know many are still in their Raya mood. Then, there are two weddings which I look forward to attend. One is the kenduri of two ex-pupils, the bride is my friend, Siti Kartiwi's daughter. I admire this Supermum of 10 children. Well, when school reopens, I'll be busy preparing my pupils for their examination and at the same time preparing for the English Language Campaign in my school. I hope it'll be a yearly affair as it is good to encourage the shy Malay kids to learn English the fun way, to expose them on stage so that they can perform , prove their talents and gain confidence. They will remember this experience. Since I'm talking about celebrating my birthdays at this golden age, I would like like to express my appreciation for this wonderful life. I will continue to do more good deeds as long as I am able to. I only wish for good health, happiness, peace and success for all my loved ones and myself. To all I do hope everyone too will be well and happy always. I sincerely hope the world is a safer, more peaceful and happier place to live in.
My husband, Mr Chuah has been a good husband and father all these 30 years of marriage.
With my second daughter, Poh Teng.
With my youngest daughter, Poh Ling.
With a few friends whom I met at a Raya party in Tn Hj Ahmad Isa's house.
Donating blood in conjunction with the Blood Donation Drive for Hari Raya Aidil Fitri

No comments:

Post a Comment