Grachael's Fun KL - Legoland Trip

Saturday 15 March 2014

Pray For MH370

I haven't been actively blogging or commenting for quite awhile. There are several reasons for not doing so . However, the missing MH370 is really disturbing and every now and then for 8 days , like others I have been waiting for news. May a miracle happen and the plane and all on board are safe and home. Whatever happens , no one really knows. Soon, investigation results will be out. One thing I have learned from this incident is that it has proven that life is uncertain. Everything is impermanent and it's a catastrophe or an accident that can change our life and the life of those around us especially our dear ones. It is an awakening for all to treasure life more and not to waste precious time. It calls for those who are compassionate to reach out to those who need them at these sad moments. Some are worried sick and need some comforting words or even a hug or a cup of tea. Since many of the passengers are Chinese nationals, volunteers like those from the Tzu Chi Buddhist Merit Society whom I admire have come forward to land a helping hand. Volunteers from NGOs an government and airline company care for all regardless of their race , nationality or religion. Hopefully, all the next of kin, beloved relatives and friends of those unlucky passengers will remain brave and calm. The long hours of waiting is rather painful , exhausting and depressing and there are better ways to overcome it. Whatever it is, it is better be mindful of the present moment. To look after oneself is very important because if one falls sick,one can't perform daily chores or work properly. Life goes on no matter what happens. I love watching the scene where multi-faith prayers were performed together which reminds us that we are the same though different. We go through the same experiences in life , suffering especially pain and hurt. Love and compassion practised together with kindness and generosity are the best values that bring mankind together. When news that MH370 may be hijacked, I was much angered. It's because I am against violent acts in my life, being a peace lover and humanitarian values are part of me. No one has the right to destroy the lives of others and hijacking a plane or terrorism where innocent lives are at risk are surely acts of cowardice which should be condemned. I hope the mystery of the missing MH370 will be solved soon. With all the latest modern equipment we hope the task of searching for a 'needle in a haystack ' will bring results and not rumours and speculations. May all who are involved in the search be strong and positive in their mission. Malaysians have been commenting a lot in the net but I choose to be keep my comments to myself not like before where I voiced my opinions aloud. This is because social media is used to down others and it is done by scrutinizing postings and comments to attack others. So I had to be more cautious about whatever I post. Meanwhile, let's keep our fingers crossed and continue praying for the best .

No comments:

Post a Comment